Sunday, January 11, 2015

Fear

This is a not an upbeat post, so if you are looking for cheer, then just look away.

I've been a bit emotional lately.  It may have to do with hormones or that my oldest just left for his second semester of college.  I'm sure those two are contributing to my blues,  but what's really on my mind is my grandmother.  We live over 1,000 miles away and I don't get to see her has often as I'd like.

I want to see her.  She has always been my rock.   She has always been my biggest supporter.  Always there for me whenever I needed her.  I've never doubted how much she loves for me.

So, what's the problem?

I'm scared.  Scared to see how much she has aged since I last saw her.  Scared that this may be the last time I ever see her.  She is almost 90.



How incredibly selfish of me.

I will face my fear and purchased that plane ticket tomorrow.  I don't want to have any regrets.

What scares you?

No comments:

Post a Comment