Thursday, September 18, 2014

Five Minute Friday -- HOLD


Linking up with Kate today for my first writing prompt!  Please join me in spending just five minutes reflecting on the word * HOLD*.




I love to read The Message Bible.  I understand its language.  It speaks to me in a way I can relate to in present day.

This is what came to me as I reflected on *HOLD*.

Watch your words and HOLD your tongue;
you'll save yourselves a lot of grief.
Proverbs 21:23

HOLD my tongue.  HOLD my words.  HOLD my thoughts.

It's something I ask for help with everyday during my quiet time.

Sharing news with others that I have no business sharing.

HOLD my tongue.

Interrupting a conversation to tell my story.

HOLD my tongue.

Complaining about a situation, when I should look for a solution.

HOLD my words.

Judging others for petty reasons.

HOLD my words.

Worrying about things I have no control over.

HOLD my thoughts.

Battling insecurities.

HOLD my thoughts.


Happy Friday!

13 comments:

  1. loved your acrostic for THINK. We are all so guilty of this...its interesting that if we would hold a lot of what we let leak out we would get a better hold onto our personal dignity and own self respect. I am an offender too! thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of the expression "can't hold water" after reading your comment. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Ah yes... the flip side to letting go is that challenge called self-discipline! It might seem tough at the time, but we are assured, 'you'll save yourselves a lot of grief.' I'm inspired, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! Self discipline! We could all use a little more, no?

      Delete
  3. Holding my tongue...it is something the Lord, my husband, and I have been working on for years now. I don't want to be the poster child for the verse in Proverbs that tells us that a fool opens his/her mouth and lets everyone know how foolish he/she is. Thanks for the reminder. You have a beautiful blog! Popped in from #FMFparty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah! So much wisdom in the book of Proverbs.

      Delete
  4. I love that this is the direction the word prompt took you! As I have grown older, I have learned to hold my tongue more & keep thoughts to myself until I really think it through. Not every thought needs to be verbalized. Visiting from FMF this morning & I think this is my 1st time here so, nice to "meet" you :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and nice to meet you as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love The Message translation, too! Great reminder to hold my tongue today! I appreciate the thoughts and truth you brought forth! Great job! Glad I followed you at FMF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I appreciate your encouragement!

      Delete
  6. SO many great biblical truths that include hold as a key word. Thanks for collecting so many of them here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, this is my mantra. THINK before you speak!! I probably still need some work in that area though!!!

    ReplyDelete