Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014


I don't know about you, but I love knowing I can wipe the slate clean and start new when the calendar turns to January 1st.  


I'm not setting myself with a long list of resolutions.  I have a solid history of not completing what I start.  After all, I'm still working on my 30 day blog challenge from June 2013.

What I do strive for each year is to read the bible in its entirety.  I usually start strong and then fizz out.  Why?  The usual excuses....too busy, woke up late, not enough quiet time....

Terrible excuses, but I have used them all and more.  I don't know why.  I'm just talking to myself.  It's not like I have to report it to anyone.

But when I do spend that time reflecting on His word, being intentional with my prayer and giving thanks -- oh, how good the day is.  My voice is softer, my words are kinder, my heart is bigger.....I'm happy and so so thankful for the big things, but even better, the everyday smaller things too.

Maybe, you want to join along with me too?  I will be using the You Version Bible App plan, accessible from both my phone and computer.  

Thankful for the gift of a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment