Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Double Easter Mantle

Allow me a bit of grace as I try for the first time to link up to a blog mantle party!   This one is hosted by The Lettered Cottage.

Because I have a double sided fireplace, I have two small mantles to work with.  As you can see, I am by no means a professional.  I tend to find a picture of something I like and then recreate from there.  I am great at "borrowing" ideas as I was not gifted with any creative genes!

Mantle in the hearth room:


I am still using the camera on my phone but have a goal to do a better job with picture taking on a real camera!


The candlesticks usually stay on the mantle year round.  I like the dark color for contrast.  Pastel eggs were purchased from Pier 1 Imports last year at 90% off.  The paper grass in bottom of hurricane vase was what was tied around the eggs.  White bunny from TJ Maxx.


Vintage banner purchased from Etsy.


Miscellaneous Easter decor purchased from TJ Maxx and Cracker Barrel.


Wood tray from Paul Michael's.  Three moss balls.  Simple and easy.


Mantle in the Living Room:



The Pottery Barn plant in a Southern Living at Home container is typically on this mantle.  Easter Bunnies with votives are from Pier One -- again at 90% off last year.  Small Easter decor is from TJ Maxx and I don't remember where I picked up the Easter egg topiary.



The ears on this bunny votive are bendable.  

So that's it.  My first time linking up to a "party".   


No comments:

Post a Comment